Thursday, December 22, 2016

Don't be afraid to TRI Something New!!

So I am assuming if you are following this blog, you may be someone that likes to peruse the internet.
Maybe you are on different social media platforms.
And hopefully, you follow TheraCORE! If you do, you have seen that we are hosting an Indoor Triathlon at Five Seasons Family Sports Club. I am blogging today to encourage you to sign up for this event. DON’T STOP READING HERE!!
I get it, the sound of “triathlon” is daunting. Three events, 45 minutes of activity….the thought may turn you off right away. But that’s why I’m here, to tell you to NOT let it.
Try something new this year.  It’s absolutely OKAY if you have never even thought of doing this in the past. Sign up with friends. Join a team and participate in just one of the events.
Decide today that you are going to be a better you in the upcoming year. Take this step to get into the pool. Swim a lap. Heck, swim ½ a lap. Then be very proud of yourself that you pushed yourself past a point that you didn’t even know you could.
I am always talking to my girls (who are 6 and 8) about trying their best, trying something new, not being afraid of failing. My husband sometimes laughs at me with how much I constantly am saying these things to two little minds that can’t possibly comprehend the magnitude of what I mean. But there is something to be said about repetition. If Emma and Claire have one moment this year when they try something they were afraid to do, maybe it’s introduce themselves to a new student at school. Or maybe it’s trying a new skill on the balance beam. If they try it, and no matter the outcome, are proud of themselves….I did my job.
TheraCORE’s Indoor Triathlon is fun. It’s laid back. It raises money for Ronald McDonald House Charities. It’s going to surprise you. I’ll be there, competing on a team and I truly hope that for even one moment, you consider signing up yourself. You absolutely will not be disappointed.  So go back on your phones and check out our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/indoortri2017/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel .We are posting ways to begin preparing for the triathlon.
You got this!!!
Happy Happy Holidays!
Jen Bazan

No comments:

Post a Comment